Thursday, August 24, 2006

Childrens!

Here are some pictures of the kids from the preschool I used to work for. There are more at the Flickr site.

Ms. Kristin teaching while Gabe... stares at a wall?
Kristin teaching while Gabe...stares at a wall?
Here we have one of the afternoon classes sitting by the tree behind the play house. Our classes were ten to twelve kids, and there were two classes a day: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. This class had a big range of ages. A couple of the girls were five, and the little boy Ms. Deb is holding was two.

Kristin and Elizah
Kristin and Elizah
Her daughter, not a student.

Hey everybody! Welcome. I'm Diego and I'll be your host today
Hey everybody! Welcome. I'm Diego and I'll be your host today
This guy...aw man. This guy cracked me up constantly.

Claira Beara Curly Haira
Clara Beara Curly Haira
At the beginning of class we'd play a bit, and then gather around for Circle Time. We'd talk about letters, colors, numbers, and the date. Then I'd read a story.

I know not mercy! Only rage!
I know not mercy! Only rage!
After Circle Time we would have snack, and then Play Time. Ian here was actually being, believe it or not, a worm.

Probably a dinosaur
Probably a dinosaur
Eric (the guy on the left) drew a turtle for me one time.

There is paper in my hand!
There is paper in my hand!
It's true. After some time to play we'd have Project Time. It usually involved glue. Or paint. And of course, paper.

Seriously kids, shut it up.
Seriously kids, shut it up.
Sometimes we'd listen to songs, or try to identify certain sounds, maybe from an animal, or vehicle.

I will support you my friend
I will support you my friend
If the weather was nice we'd go outside. The kids in one of the afternoon classes would play a game called Rocky. This was essentially Tag, but who ever was 'It' was called Rocky and those being chased would taunt 'It' by shouting, "Rocky!" I actually witnessed the evolution of this game, from the beginning of the year, and as far as I could tell they were initially trying to pretend to be the characters from Rocky and Bullwinkle but got bored with that and began to chase each other.

Blake
Blake

As previously mentioned; there are more pictures at my Flickr site.

No comments: