Thursday, August 24, 2006

House on Vine St.

We have no pictures of our current place or surroundings but will post them as soon as we do. In the meantime we are testing this new blog here. Let us know how you like it.

These are some pictures we took before we left Kansas. They are already full size, but clicking on them will take you to my Flickr account where you will find the other photos posted in this blog as well as some of my older comics.

Last, I'd like to apologize for the dates and times on the pictures. I forgot to change the settings on my dad's camera.

The grass will soon overwhelm the wife
The grass will soon overwhelm the wife
When we first moved into our little house on Vine St. we had no lawnmower (or ambition to groom the yard) and therefore let the grass grow for weeks before finally succumbing to the dirty looks of our neighbors and mowing.


House Front
House front The Front of our house shown actual size! There's our plants Harvarton, and Blendermin. I didn't just make those names up...


House Back
House back
Two-pots-and-flaps-of-siding-missing-from-the-wall seems to be the design theme of the front and back of our house. I think this was the one and only time I ever went outside. We had a red back door?


Fungus Amongus
Fungus Amongus
The yard left uncut and flourishing on its own suprised Bec and I by producing some big'ol mushrooms right there in the front yard, close to the mailbox. As you can see, the biggest of them are as big as the house. It was a pain to try and park between them, but they sure did keep the bird crap off of the car - though - I'm not sure what creatures thrive on mushrooms, but that crap never did come off.


Bec - Pre leap into drainage ditch
Bec pre leap into drainage ditch
If you close your eyes; it's almost like beach side property.

No comments: