Thursday, August 24, 2006

Then along came Summer. 2006 style.

There is no reason not to be doing this!
There is no reason not to be doing this
When preschool ended for the summer I started working at Prairie Harvest half time, and Child-sat for the other half. The above photo is two of the five kids I watched.

As most of you know Becca worked at Prairie Harvest from March 05 to August 06 as the one and only baker of fine products such as bread, muffins, cakes, and all kinds of crazy crap. She was an invaluble asset to the store, they could not have run without her.

So in May of 06 we took a little drive to Winnipeg (that's in Canada folks (that's a whole other country)) for Ben&Andrea's wedding.

To Canada
To Canada 06
I'm not entirely sure where we are in this photo, but I remember it was very very foggy. But the extra driving challenge was good because it helped me stay awake after Chuck and I had drove through the night.

Behold the glory of Tain Castle!
Behold the Glory of Tain Castle
We stayed with Ben in his great (and regal) new place. The wedding was lovely, and there are many many photos to prove it:

Techmology
Techmology
However, we have none on this site. Maybe soon.

Andrea-at-light-speed
Andrea-at-light-speed
Here we have Ben&Andrea opening their wedding gifts. Andrea, having fully realized the commitment she has made quickly attempts a super human escape.

Bec and I marvel at the spectacle
Look over there while I make my escape
Apparently I marveled, but Bec seemed to have expected this.

I don't actually remember much about the drive back to Kansas, other than me going the wrong way around Kansas City the one time Chuck took a nap.

But we made it home after another eventful yet relaxing 'holiday' to Canada. Some may remember Becca and I making a similar vacation the summer before; on our honeymoon. Both trips were marked with similar events: Weddings, Slurpees, nice weather, quality time with Good'ol Benson (that's what I call Ben. Recently. Just now.), samosas, and car trouble.

Post Canadian Car Trouble 2005
Post Canadian Car Trouble 2005

After driving the 1000 miles to Winnipeg, and then back, our engine gave out somewhere in Iowa. We took the bus home, leaving the car in Iowa to have the engine replaced and returned to collect it a few days later.

One year later:

Post Canadian Car Trouble 2006
Post Canadian Car Trouble 2006
After driving most of the day, we arrived in Kansas to take our car and selves home (we had rented a van to take to Canada). But I couldn't shift out of park. After an hour or two of testing wires and cords we found the problem. We fixed it. I drove home and took a nap.

No comments: